Thursday

Richie anorexic?

Nicole Richie admits she's too skinny, but blames her weight loss on the breakup with her boyfriend last year.

"I know I'm too thin right now, so I wouldn't want any young girl looking at me and saying, 'That's what I want to look like,' " Richie told Vanity Fair in its June issue. "I do know that they will, which is another reason I really do need to do something about it. I'm not happy with the way I look right now."

Richie's said her December breakup with then-fiancé Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein stressed her out and she lost her appetite. She tried to put on weight by eating high-calorie foods, but eventually wound up seeing a nutritionist.

"I started seeing a nutritionist and a doctor. I was scared that it could be something more serious."

According to the Vanity Fair article, she is also working with a psychiatrist and a personal trainer, and her medical team characterized Richie's weight as "in the realm of anorexia."

Richie is reportedly working on her first album and a follow-up to her novel The Truth About Diamonds.

No comments: