Wednesday

Teri Hatcher injured on the set

According to reports, Teri Hatcher's right eye was injured when a light bulb exploded on the Desperate Housewives set on Tuesday.

"Glass lodged in my right eye and proceeded to scratch my cornea," the actress said. "I was taken to a wonderful eye doctor, and now am wearing a most glamorous eye patch over the right half of my face. I like to look at the positive and the good news is, the cornea is the fastest healing tissue in the body."

Hatcher says she should be back to production in two days and explains, "I'm in some pain, but trying to see the humor in the oddity of it all. No one was at fault."

The Housewives star was scheduled to appear at the AmberWatch Foundation launch party in Los Angeles.
Unfortunately, due to her injury, she was unable to attend the event. Hatcher is the new spokesperson for the organization, which is dedicated to the prevention of child abduction and molestation.

Hatcher's injury is not the first Housewives mishap. Last year, Eva Longoria was taken to a nearby hospital after being "bumped on the head by something" while shooting a scene on location at Pasadena City College.

No comments: